Carpenter (please state position applying to in email subject line)
Access Contracting – Commercial; Agricultural and Residential Construction covering the Valley from Kentville to Middleton.
$17.00 – $23.00 / hour based on previous experience and knowledge
Full time (40 hours per week)
Driver’s license (or ability to reliably to get to work)
Seeking to hire an experienced Carpenter capable of commercial; agricultural and residential construction including roofing. You will be working as part of the Access Contracting team to complete a wide range of build projects. Work requires significant physical labour (climbing, lifting, bending, crouching, repetitive motions) knowledge of construction materials, site set-up and take-down; skilled operation of power and hand tools. Basic math and measuring abilities a must. Must be comfortable working in variable weather conditions and at heights. The ability to lift 50 lbs unassisted.
Personal safety equipment must be worn at all times. Safety rules and regulations must be respected to ensure personal and work crew safety. Employees provide their own steel-toed boots and a hard hat. Other personal protective equipment is provided – ear; eye and respiratory.
Certification in Scaffolding, Fall Arrest, WHMIS, First Aid are considered assets but training is provided by the employer as required.
Professional conduct and respectful attitude expected.
Job Duties: Includes but is not limited to:
- General carpentry skills in areas of renovations; new builds; siding; windows; etc
- General knowledge of building framework to a finished enclosure
- Be comfortable handling ladders and working at heights
- Must be able to lift approximately 50 lbs unassisted
- Must be able to safely set-up / take-down ladders, scaffolding and other worksite equipment
- Ability to read plans; follow instructions and perform assigned duties to ensure safety of entire team
- Check tools and worksite equipment to ensure good working order and maintained
- Clean up job site at end of day; ensure equipment is properly secured for the night or on trailers for travel
- Ability to complete work in a timely and on budget within a team or occasionally independently
- Respectful conduct on the worksite with clients; supervisors and co-workers
For more information or to apply contact:Lynn Silver
Tel: 902-678-7410 Ext. 204