DBDLI Research Projects:
DBDLI is currently involved in several research projects mainly through collaborations with universities and other research institutions. Our Africentric research approach ensures the active involvement and participation of the African Nova Scotian Communities in all aspects of research, including data collection, analysis and the dissemination of research findings. The Institute is looking for a “Research Projects Manager”
to help manage these research projects and coordinate our engagement with our communities.
Under the supervision of the Director of Research, the responsibilities of the DBDLI Research Projects Manager
- Developing/Updating work plans for the current DBDLI research projects
- Planning and coordinating DBDLI research collaborations
- Planning and coordinating DBDLI research activities
- Writing quarterly reports for the DBDLI research projects
- Writing reports for the DBDLI research projects
- Participating in other assigned DBDLI activities.
Education and Experience
- Graduate student or professional with a graduate degree
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- An interest in and knowledge of Africentric research
- Awareness of issues impacting African Nova Scotians
- Experience managing multiple research projects
- Experience using virtual/online platforms for research activities
Compensation: $40,000-$50,000 per year. Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Term: October 5, 2020 – March 31, 2021
Inquiries about this position can be sent to: George.email@example.com.