Josh Vachon Construction Ltd.
Carpenters (general carpentry skills) & Roofers (metal roofing)
Hours: Full-time (40+ hours per week)
Terms of Employment: Full Time (For the right candidates, snow removal work is available during the winter)
Pay: Roofer – $14.00 – $17.00 per hour
Carpenter with experience- $17.00 – $22.00 per hour
Number of Positions: 4
Start Date: Immediately – Work is waiting for you!
Location: New Minas to Annapolis area (Work crew meeting point in Somerset at 7:30am)
Work Environment: Heights (roofs of different pitches) Outdoors – sometimes hot or cold; windy (all done within acceptable weather conditions)
JVC is seeking Roofers with Metal Roofing experience and know-how. As well, we require Carpenters with general carpentry skills and roofing skills for projects like renos; new builds; siding; decks; etc. Previous experience or education preferred. Daily work requires significant physical labour (climbing, lifting, bending, crouching, repetitive motions) climbing and working at heights on roofs of varying pitches, knowledge of construction materials and site set-up and take-down; skilled operation of with power and hand tools. Personal safety equipment must be worn at all times, all safety rules and regulations must be respected to ensure personal and work crew safety.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Be comfortable climbing ladders and working at heights on roofs of various pitches
- Knowledge of metal roofing materials and their application
- General carpentry skills (higher pay grade) in areas of renos; new builds; siding; decks; etc
- Must be able to lift approximately 50 – 80 lbs unassisted
- Must be able to safely set-up / take-down ladders, scaffolding and other worksite equipment
- Ability to follow instructions; perform duties assigned and follow instructions to ensure safety of entire team
- Knowledge of safe demolition and debris removal methods.
- Check equipment and machinery to ensure it is in good working order and maintained
- Clean up job site at end of day; ensure equipment is properly secured for the night or on trailers for travel
- Ability to complete work on time and on budget within a team or occasionally independently
- Excellent verbal communication skills with supervisors and co-workers
- Respectful conduct on the worksite
Fall Arrest – preferred (or be willing to obtain)
WHMIS 2015 – nice to have
*Driver’s License / Vehicle or Ability to punctually, reliably and consistently get to pick up and drop off site in the Berwick-Somerset area.
Apply by emailing resumes to:
For more information or to apply contact:Lynn Silver
Tel: 902-678-7410 Ext. 204