Kings Riverside Court
Kings Riverside Court is an independent, assisted retirement living facility located in Kentville, in the beautiful Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia.
Life at Kings Riverside Court is about keeping all the good things those age 55+ love about their independence while having the security and accessibility to receive supportive services and amenities to keep seniors living their life to the fullest.
Kings Riverside Court is currently seeking a casual/relief LPN. This position will require the successful applicant to be an active participant in creating a pleasant and safe living experience for residents of KRC by committing to provide direct and indirect care. Pleasant attitudes, a genuine appreciation of seniors, and the willingness to contribute to our team are necessities.
- Provides some assistance with activities of daily living (personal care, mobility, nutrition)
- Provides medication assistance as per protocol, where required.
- Provides treatment as required
- Observes and reports (verbal and written) changes in physical condition
- Promotes good communication with residents and their support systems
- Promotes and monitors the social, spiritual, psychological and emotional well-being of residents reporting any changes to the care team
- Respond to resident emergency system calls.
- Assists with meal prep or delivery of meals, where required
- Fulfill other duties as requested by Supervisor that may be required
- Act as an ambassador for Kings Riverside Court in all dealings with the public and team members
- To be familiar with and carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with Occupational Health & Safety policies and regulations
- Graduate of an approved school of Practical Nursing
- Registered with the NSCN
- Valid Standard First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- Ability to work cooperatively as a member of the team through personal behavior, work contribution and sharing of expertise and knowledge
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated Leadership Abilities
- Self-motivation, confidence, discretion, and good judgment
- Excellent comprehension and command of the English language (written & verbal
- Good physical stamina; ability to withstand bending, kneeling, crouching, grasping, stretching, pushing, pulling
- Professional image with good hygiene
- Ability to work individually or with different types of people
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Good listener, display patience and understanding
- Demonstrate professional skills under stressful situations
What The Successful Candidate Can Expect:
- Scheduled monthly shifts
- Day Shifts (8:00 am – 16:00)
- Continuity of Clients
- A calm & collaborative work environment
Krista Laing; Administrator
Kings Riverside Court
125 Webster Street
For more information or to apply contact:Lynn Silver
Tel: 902-678-7410 Ext. 204