Residential Rehabilitation Worker Positions - Casual Kings Regional Rehabilitation Centre is currently implementing a large-scale recruitment strategy, seeking enthusiastic, compassionate, creative individuals as Residential Rehabilitation Workers (RRW) for casual employment. As a member of the KRRC Team, you will play an active role in the implementation of our programs and services supporting persons with intellectual disabilities and various diagnosis towards a client-centred alliance fostering independence, community integration, life experiences and supported decision making. Under the direction of the Program Manager and as a member of the multi-disciplinary team, through solution-focused and strength based programming you will promote and assist with the delivery of holistic care focusing on advocacy, planning, implementation and evaluations of programs developed to meet the individual needs for social, educational, vocational, personal, mental and spiritual health of the clients. With respect and value of personal choice, the RRW role is responsible for a range of supports working directly with clients which include, but is not limited to, assisting with the development of daily living, independence, coping and enhanced life skills through the implementation of positive programming and recreational opportunities within a safe and secure environment. Other related duties of the RRW role include support with various levels of health, personal care ranging from but not limited to, feeding and total support using mechanical lifts and behavioural supports. Meeting the wide range of client needs requires a unique approach; encouragement and guidance to maximize independent functioning to fulﬁll aspirations and responsibilities as valued community members. Kings Regional Rehabilitation Centre Offers:
- Competitive pay rate $21.58 per hour (after a probation period), PLUS weekend and shift premiums.
- Option to join pension plan after 24 continuous months with required hours per calendar year for casual employees.
- Opportunities for temporary and permanent internal positions
- Grade 12 Diploma or GED.
- Current certification in Standard First Aid/CPR (Level C).
- CPI Non-Violent Crisis Intervention. (NOTE: KRRC offers NVCI to successful candidates who need this course, at the employee’s expense.)
- Availability to work weekdays, weekends and holidays; shift work; days, evenings and nights.
- Required to provide Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check.