Who are we?
Founded in 1924, Irving Oil is a family-owned company with operations throughout Eastern Canada, New England and Ireland with a focus on providing exceptional service and high-quality products to our customers. Every day, we strive to put our good energy in action to bring families together, support the environment and local wildlife, and to create learning opportunities that empower the next generation.
Here's what you can expect from us:
When you're a part of our team, you'll see how we bring good energy to our business and our employees. Together, we will support our corporate strategy, high standards and the communities where we live and work. Our collaborative approach, commitment to diversity and inclusion along with our safety-first culture helps reinforce our internal brand position where People Matter. That's why we're dedicated to the development of our employees, so that they can reach their career goals.
What you can expect in a typical day:
We have an exciting opportunity for a safety focused individual looking to provide a meaningful and essential service to our Irving Energy customers. The Seasonal Fuel Delivery Driver
works with our Dispatch team to deliver product safely to our residential and commercial customers in Halifax, NS
. While adhering to all DOT regulations and procedures, this safety focused individual will plan daily routes, load the fuel truck and complete pre and post trip inspections. Other duties are required including completion of daily shift reports and any other required paperwork.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Driving delivery truck safely, adhering to all DOT regulations and
- Working with our Dispatch Team in delivering product to residential and commercial
- Planning daily route using knowledge of geography, routes, zones, streets
- Loading truck with required product while adhering to all safety policies and procedures at loading site/bulk
- Completion of daily shift report and all required
- Raven Policies and Procedures
- Completion of pre and post trip
Education and experience
- Travel is not a requirement for this
Irving Oil supports a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants.
Where we are hiring in Nova Scotia:
Halifax; Kentville; Bridgewater
To Apply: irvingoil.com/careers
- An active class 3 driver’s license required
- Minimal 2 years professional driving experience required
- Air brakes is required
- Previous experience with liquid loads is considered an
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required
- WHMIS & TDG Certification
- Basic mathematical skills are necessary
- Ability to work well with others
- Good organization and communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong customer service skills are necessary
- Strong safety focus required
- Very physical work