Sustainable Blue – Centre Burlington
Sustainable Blue is a land based aquaculture facility located in the village of Centre Burlington, Hants County. The company raises Atlantic salmon using an advanced proprietary water treatment technology which results in zero waste discharge. The company is committed to drug free, responsible production methods and is committed to environmental and ecological responsibility.
The company is looking to recruit two Aquaculture Technicians to work at its Centre Burlington facility.
Please send resume accompanied with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you.
Start Date: September 9th, 2019
The duties of the job include, but are not limited to ;
- Fish husbandry – feeding, harvesting, size grading
- Performing system related tasks – working with aquaculture systems, instruments and equipment
- Basic lab work – performing water tests, recording results
- Manual labour – building pipelines, lifting equipment, moving bags of feed and other items
Key Skills and Aptitudes ;
- Familiar / comfortable in a technical environment.
- Working accurately and diligently.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with arithmetic and basic calculations.
- Interested in learning new skills and being challenged.
- Legally eligible to work in Canada.
Hours of Duty ;
- The farm operates 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. The usual staff working day is 08:00 to 16:30 with 30 minutes for lunch.
- Aquaculture Technicians typically work 40 to 45 hours per week with two consecutive days off, which may or may not be weekend days.
- In addition, Aquaculture Technicians are required to participate in harvesting operations by rotation. Harvesting begins at 6am either once or twice a week. Staff who participate in harvesting are able to leave at 2-30pm on harvesting days.
- Gross annual salary of $37,500, less statutory deductions. Paid bi-weekly.
- 15 days paid vacation per year.
For more information or to apply contact:Lynn Silver
Tel: 902-678-7410 Ext. 204