Wolfville Farmer’s Market
WOLFVILLE FARMERS MARKET
The Wolfville Farmers’ Market is a vibrant year-round Market with over 70 farm, artisan and chef vendors. We are engaged in the farmers market movement, active supporters of our vendors, have numerous partnerships with community groups, we are progressive in our programming and passionate about creating the best experience possible to reflect and nourish our community. We offer excellent mentorship for youth who are eager to make a difference in their community, while gaining an invaluable professional development experience.
- August 19, 2019 to March 31, 2020 (32 weeks)
- $15/hour for 37 hrs/week
- Flexible hours, except must be able to work Wednesdays from 3-8pm and Saturdays from 6:45 am until 2:45pm and be available for occasional evening or weekend hours.
The role of the Communications Manager will be to develop our communication and marketing plans and manage all promotional programs including events, media and public relations campaigns, social media accounts, e-newsletters and youtube channel for all services of the Wolfville Farmers’ Market including a Wednesday and Saturday Market, WFM2Go and Rentals. The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for providing and managing content including photography, videography, text and graphics for these programs. They will also provide Vendor training which will help vendors develop the skills they need to market their own businesses more effectively in the Farmers’ Market environment.
- The successful candidate will develop a communication and marketing plan promoting the markets, WFM2Go and its Rental operation.
- Manage a suite of promotional programs including events, media and public relations campaigns
- Manage all social media accounts, publish the e-newsletters and monitor the youtube channel for all services of the Wolfville Farmers’ Market including a Wednesday and Saturday Market, and WFM2Go (the WFM’s online store and delivery service) and track analytics to help with marketing decisions
- Plan and promote all Market Events
- Update the website; and all other event listings on other websites
- Will be responsible for providing and managing content that educates and increases the communities’ knowledge about local producers and their sustainable farming, production practices, including photography, videography, text and graphics for these programs.
- They will also provide e-marketing training to help vendors develop the skills to illustrate their own sustainable businesses more effectively in the Farmers’ Market environment.
- Assisting in the operation of the Market including set-up and tear-downs
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Minimum of two years’ experience in Marketing, Event Planning, Public Relations or Communications
- A passion for the environment and a strong appreciation for the impacts of local producers
- Strong e-marketing and social media skills
- Analytics skills (with Google and social media) an asset
- Strong photography skills
- Videography skills an asset
- Website maintenance skills an asset
- Graphic design skills an asset
- Able to communicate effectively and passionately to promote the Market
- Self-motivated, curious and adaptable, able to work as an individual and as part of a team
- Comfortable in the dynamic environment of a Market with multiple stakeholders with competing needs
- Proficient in using Google Drive
- Able to work in a self directed manner as well as part of a team
- Demonstrated professionalism, dependability, and attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Demonstrated communication and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated planning, organizational and time management skills
Possible Learning Opportunities:
- Project/Event Management skills
- Learn skills in developing, promoting, and delivering programming that contributes to increasing food literacy and community health
- Develop collaborative communication skills within a cooperative, team based organization
- Able to comfortably work in both a physically demanding and fast paced Market-Day environment as well as a focused office environment.
- Comfortable climbing ladders to attic or basement, or to plug in ceiling electricity, or hang decorations
- Able to comfortably lift up to 30 lbs (signs, boxes, picnic tables, etc) or push 40 lb booths on wheels.
WFM is responsible for hiring and verifying the eligibility of participants for the Youth Employment and Skills activities. To qualify, applicants must be:
- 30 years or younger when you started the internship
- unemployed, student or underemployed
- have not participated in any other Youth Employment and Skills Strategy program (that is, Agricultural Youth Green Jobs Initiative and/or Career Focus Program)
- a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Priority will be given to applicants who are minorities or of indigenous background.
How to Apply:
The Wolfville Farmers’ Market will be accepting applications until July 18th; and will require both a resume and a cover letter that explains why you are interested in the position and think you would make a great candidate, emailed to Market Manager, Kelly Marie Redcliffe at: email@example.com
For more information or to apply contact:Lynn Silver
Tel: 902-678-7410 Ext. 204