VANSDA offers a monthly series of workshops to its clients and community members alike, open to all and covering a wide range of employment and community development needs. The workshops allow participants an opportunity to expand skills on such topics like career decision making, resume writing, building workplace diversity and other culturally based topics. Your success is our primary concern. Staff is available to work with you and help you achieve your employment goals. Our targeted services provide opportunities to diverse groups of community members ranging from Youth to Older Workers and even those whose employment wishes are in specific trades. In addition to those, through our additional service menu we also provide direction and access to information and support for clients who wish to seek direct supportive aid outside of those offered through targeted programs. The office also contains public access computer workstations to further assist community members with guided direction and group sessions available to those who require it.
VANSDA partners with a number of other organizations that provide direct service to community persons.
- BBI Summer Entrepreneurship Partnership
- Department of Health & Wellness
- NS Brotherhood Initiative
- Health Association of African Canadians
- Valley Community Learning Association
- Rotary Club of Kentville
- Gibson Woods Baptist Church
- Nova Scotia Dept. of Community Services
- Town of Kentville, Parks and Recreation
- Native Council of Nova Scotia
- Open Arms
- Chrysalis House
- Municipality of Kings